Appreciation for Soelien-Twa's efforts

Player discussions

Moderator: Tregonsee

Appreciation for Soelien-Twa's efforts

Postby Cestodial Hegemony » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:13 am

I want to thank Soelien-Twa for his part in sponsoring the Player Fiction Contest. The construction process for my entry in the contest forced me to dig deep into my empire's foundation and motivations...increasing the fun level of this amazing game to an even higher level. We need more players like Soelien-Twa...players who are not content to simply stay silent and send in their weekly turns.

If worms had hands and wore funny little Merchetti-made hats, I would doff my cap in the human style of salute to this generous player. Instead, I thump my tail in appreciation of Soelien-Twa...
We are NOT criminals! We are "Happiness Facilitators"!
Contact us at roboykin@gmail.com
Cestodial Hegemony

Re: Appreciation for Soelien-Twa's efforts

Postby Soelien-Twa » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:48 pm

Thanks for the recognition but like most PBM games I'm just trying to make this the best experience possible. This game allows us to be an explorer or a builder, a warrior or a homicidal maniac, a hermit or a social butterfly. Your empire is what you make it to be. The fiction is just an avenue to let you share with us your vision and imagination.

Just to give you an update on the competition. The judge has returned his verdict. In his view there was a definitive 1st and 2nd place but a 3-way tie for 3rd. Instead of sharing the 3rd place prize each player writing one of the 3rd place stories will receive 8,000 RUs. My turn has been sent in and barring anything unfortunate all judged prizes should be paid tomorrow. Cybernetic prizes (yes there was one) will be paid in 4,000RU increments. If you don't get a prize award tomorrow don't give up hope, there is still the reader's choice awards.

If you did not get an entry in for this competition sharpen your pencils. I hear strong rumors of a future competition or something to do with player histories coming up.

One thing I should also add. The judge did say purely as a reader's viewpoint, that he did not understand the cyber war ramblings. Ok, maybe he did not say ramblings. Maybe that was just my interpretation. Personally I think those cybers are drunk on too much binary code... but maybe that's just me. [Editor's note: Am I just poking fun at cybers? Definitely yes. I'm just going to put my earplugs in before the talk of heresy and me being smited starts:-)]
Soelien-Twa

Postby Cestodial Hegemony » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:17 am

Soelien-Twa,
Feedbags have been delivered to large numbers of ravenous Cestodial wormlings thanks to your generosity!
You are not so bad for a creepy crawly!
We are NOT criminals! We are "Happiness Facilitators"!
Contact us at roboykin@gmail.com
Cestodial Hegemony

Postby Soelien-Twa » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:08 am

I can confirm all prize amounts did go out and have been paid for the judged portion of the contest. Good luck on the reader appreciation portion and cast those votes!
Soelien-Twa

Postby Knights Of Rancor » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:03 pm

Begin Transmission:

For a Bio you’re all right, Thanks for the chance to give a little background or fluff to the game. If it weren’t for the contest I probably would not have made the attempt I’m NOT a writer.

Once all the judging is over and all the prizes are awarded where and how can we all find the results as to witch stories were the winners in both categories it would be nice to compare how the two different forms of judging turned out.

And oh yes I almost forgot.....

"Who cares if the Bio’s hate they are all to be exterminated. The Galaxy must be cleansed!"
From the C.C.C. (Collective's Central Core) of the KNIGHTS OF RANCOR

End Transmission:
Knights Of Rancor

Postby Soelien-Twa » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:57 pm

ok. Tuesday night is the cutoff for my turn, just because work tends to get in the way of a Friday deadline. So... Payments for the Reader's Choice Awards will be made not this turn but next (at least my portion of the payments).

Also I will say yes the winners of the judged portion will be posted as soon as the Reader's Choice are... or as soon as I get to a computer after they are.
Soelien-Twa

Postby Soelien-Twa » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:35 pm

Ok. RUs are in the bank. Turn is in and ready to be loaded. Payments for the Soelien-Twa portion of the Reader's Choice Awards should go out this turn:

32,000 to RUBIDIUS
16,000 to DUCHY OF BRUNSWICK
8,000 to CESTODIAL HEGEMONY
4,000 to CHARON EMPIRE

Note RUBIDIUS placed 1st and 2nd so only qualified for the better of the two prizes. That brought the Great CHARON up to the prize money in 4th place. Congrats to you all, winners and participants alike, and I look forward to seeing more of your work and tales from each of your empires.
Soelien-Twa

Postby Tregonsee » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:45 pm

So what was the name of Charon Empire's story?
Tregonsee

Postby Soelien-Twa » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:21 pm

I believe it was BED TIME STORY but I'm sure Randy will correct me if I'm wrong... which does occasionally happen. Just ask my wife.
Soelien-Twa

Postby R. Ritnour » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:11 pm

Yes, It was Bed Time Story.
R. Ritnour

Next

Return to Takamo Player Discussion Forums