Non-authorized Playing Aides

Player discussions

Moderator: Tregonsee

Postby Knights Of Rancor » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:25 pm

First let me make this clear MY computer is old, very OLD, I’m still running XP and I’m running Microsoft Office 2002.

In Times past some of the players have taken it upon themselves to create playing aides for Takamo.

There was the Data Input File a very good program I think it was a Microsoft Access file. I do not remember who made it. In it you entered your data, Planets Explored and it would sort them out for you by owner, compatibility with your A&H etc. It also kept track of empires you found, allied or declared war on, and more. I have a very old copy of it but it does not have all the functions of a later updated file. My M.S.Office program is also very old so I can not run anything made with any M.S.Office above 2002 and the full version is a 2007 I think.

There are also several Path Calculators out there the one I have works with my system but I was told newer systems have problems running it.

I myself have made several Microsoft Excel spreadsheets to...
(should work with M.S. Excel 2002 or newer)

#1. for Galactic Mapping. This spreadsheet is a little labor intensive but basically you put in your Sector Probe Info on the appropriate worksheet (tab) and it makes a visual map of the galaxy.

#2 Turn Worksheet. You can keep track of Tax Income, Trade Income, Base Income, what you spend on builds and research. what’s in your Fleets and of course working out your turn. It tells you what you’ve done and what you built so it cuts down on errors (there will still be errors when you transfer that info to the Input Editor on the web sight there always are LOL)

#3. Sector Maps this is sort of like the Galactic map and you can copy and past from one to the other the visual part of the map but here you can enter planets found and their info.

As long as it’s OK with Randy I will share any and all I have (but only blanks, you have to fill in your info. I’m not sharing what I’ve Mapped LOL unless we’re allies) and I will not guarantee that it will work with your system. Not knowing what your system is. One More Thing I ask that you do not remove or change the Cover Tab in any of the spreadsheets I’ve made especially if you share them with other players and allies and they are always to be shared free. These were made as Game Aides to help players in Takamo.

If anyone has old or new playing aides, I would like to know about them, I’m always open for something new or even old to help play Takamo (love this game) :twisted:

contact WmP (Bill Guenther)at knightsofrancor@aol.com

"Who cares if the Bois' hate they are all to be exterminated. The Galaxy must be cleansed!"
From the C.C.C. (Collective's Central Core) of the KNIGHTS OF RANCOR
Last edited by Knights Of Rancor on Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Knights Of Rancor

Re: Non-authorized Playing Aides

Postby Tregonsee » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:57 pm

I believe you are referring to TakDb made by Steve Karseboom. The full version allowed for you to take a turn and update the database in about 15-30 seconds. The version that is available in the Takamo-Tarkia yahoo group (still available) requires you to hand type everything in.

If anyone has a full copy of the TakDB program or know how to contact Steve Karseboom, I would certainly like to know, and I suspect others would too.

Steve Galpin
Tregonsee

Postby Trader_Phred » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:42 pm

I just have Steve's "lite" version, It is a 16-bit program so won't run under x64 OS's
"Beeblebrox. Just be glad he's out there."
Trader_Phred

Postby Knights Of Rancor » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:31 pm

file:///I:/distance/distance02/distance.html

I found this HTML with a distance calculator in some of my old archives (on an old Zip Disk) and it still works or at least it did for me.

WmP

The Knights Of Rancor have been reactivated and on the move and the constant broadcast on all known com channels fills the vast darkness of space of the Estra Galaxy once again ........

"Who cares if the Bios' hate they are all to be exterminated. The Galaxy must be cleansed!"

From the C.C.C. (Collective's Central Core) of the KNIGHTS OF RANCOR (KOR)

Post Script EDIT with more testing and playing around with that calculator I found it only works if I have the Disk in and then on line sorry I'll try to isolate that program and make it available.
Knights Of Rancor

Postby Knights Of Rancor » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:52 pm

BEGIN TRANSMISSION:

3/19/2016 To all Takamo Empires:

The CCC has just finished Up Dating the (non-authorized) Takamo Worksheet. (a Spreadsheet and not your average spreadsheet)

I'm using Windows 7 and the format is Microsoft Excel 2007 pretty much based around CYBER TEC but can be used by other races too. If interested let me know and I'll send you a copy to look over, try out, and critique. Some of the info used has been gathered together since 1983 lol. But almost all has been updated.

Randy and Thom I would like you to look it over and let me know what you think too.

If you want a copy (this is free guys and NO ads) send your request to KnightsOfRancor@aol.com

May your spark never go out (unless your a squishy)

END TRANSMISSION:

The Knights Of Rancor have been reactivated and on the move and the constant broadcast on all known com channels fills the vast darkness of space of the Estra Galaxy once again ........

"Who cares if the Bios' hate they are all to be exterminated. The Galaxy must be cleansed!" (ALLIES ARE THE ONLY EXCEPTIONS)

From the C.C.C. (Collective's Central Core) of the KNIGHTS OF RANCOR (KoR)
Knights Of Rancor

Return to Takamo Player Discussion Forums