New Planet and Fleet files

Player discussions

Moderator: Tregonsee

Re: New Planet and Fleet files

Postby Knights Of Rancor » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:11 pm

I no longer have M.S.Office or Excel after the fire and it sucks but they want tooo much for a program you have to pay a monthly fee for. But I do miss my Excel I could do so much more with it than I can with Open Office.
Knights Of Rancor

Postby Tregonsee » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:03 pm

Sorry to hear that. Can you buy an old copy of Office? I have seen them in thrift stores.
Tregonsee

Postby Knights Of Rancor » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:08 am

I have been looking on Ebay for one that does not require a monthly subscription and still able to load to new computer some have down load limits.
I may have found a 2007 copy for about $52 would much rather have a newer one but there is where the subscription fees start I think. My old copy was a Office 2000 that I had upgraded to 2002 then 2004 so a 2007 would still be an upgrade for me LOL.
Knights Of Rancor

Postby Thom » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:21 pm

Only Office 365 has a subscription and even then Microsoft is making it available as a one time purchase for 150 for the home version. Any version of Office before 365 comes with a Serial Number you can use as long as you own the software.
Thom

Postby Knights Of Rancor » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:15 am

I have office 2007 now and still having trouble. Is it too old?
Knights Of Rancor

Postby Thom » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:02 pm

Office 2007 should be fine. To import the planet or fleet file open Excel. Then open the file. It should import for you fine. But make sure it says 'delimited' NOT 'fixed width' for the import and then select 'Tab' as the delimited type. Don't change the file name extension before importing as Excel will try and import the file according to what it thinks it is. If it has no extension then it won't make assumptions and should import fine. You can then save the file as an Excel spreadsheet. Hope this is enough instructions but don't really do anything else so not sure what else I could say.
Thom

Postby Knights Of Rancor » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:01 am

Thom

I got it to open in Excel had to do a lot of dinkin with it hope I can remember what I just did. LOL Thanks for you help.

WmP of the KoR
Knights Of Rancor

Postby Tregonsee » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:47 am

Dinkin?
Tregonsee

Postby nazareth » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:33 pm

Not sure if how I do it is any better, but it works for me.

open excel, go to data tab and hit 'from text'. this will bring up your, c drive in my case, files. choose your planet/fleet whatever file (you need to have saved it to a file). I do not get any of those file extensions so at the bottom right I choose 'all files'. That brings all those text files up. Choose file and hit import. your import wizard will say delimited, leave it there. Hit finish. I always choose new worksheet too. Hit ok. go to work in excel.

That works for me. Not sure if it is better.
nazareth

Previous

Return to Takamo Player Discussion Forums