RHS vs Alban Frigate

Player discussions

Moderator: Tregonsee

RHS vs Alban Frigate

Postby Blackwill » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:30 pm

Is there a particular reason some players prefer to build swarm fleets of Rift Heavy Scouts over the Alban Frigate?
The Alban Frigate costs exactly the same as the RHS, but provides 5 additional tonnage class, and thus over twice the firepower as the TC 4 Rift Heavy Scout.
It boils down to 225 RUs per ton for the RHS, versus 100 RUs per ton for the AFrig.

Is there something special about the scout I am not seeing ? A shipyard can build the same number of Afrigs as RHscouts.

I don't see a lot of these fleets traversing Rifts, but, rather, defending non-rift-capable war fleets and carriers, so the advantage of being rift-capable seems to be lost.
Blackwill

Re: RHS vs Alban Frigate

Postby Tregonsee » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:12 pm

Until the new Rift Scout ships came out, Rift Heavy Scouts were the largest in tonnage ships that could scan planets.

Above the tech level where you get shields, several smaller ships could be better than a single larger one, all other things being equal.
Tregonsee

Re: RHS vs Alban Frigate

Postby Blackwill » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:09 pm

I can certainly see their usefulness as Scanning ships, but I am seeing them as planetary picket fleets and fleet defense boats. I suppose they could be scanning as they move with the fleet.
It just seemed odd to have so many in a single fleet.
Blackwill

Return to Takamo Player Discussion Forums