Battle royale (with a little 'r')

Player discussions

Moderator: Tregonsee

Battle royale (with a little 'r')

Postby Blackwill » Fri May 12, 2017 10:53 pm

Well....CHARON EMPIRE and the VOLRATHI Nomads finally got a chance to meet face-to-faceplate this turn.

The 50 ship fleet limit made things interesting, for sure.

I did manage to nerf a few orders, so my 200 Carriers weren't fully loaded (some weren't loaded at all.....), but the battle was still a good one.

26 Strike/Counterstrike actions filled up the report quite nicely.

Volrathi lost 6,941 FTRS to CHARON's 6,808 by my calculations, so he emerged with a nominal victory. Well done, and good fun!

Maybe next turn we can do it all over again.
Blackwill

Re: Battle royale (with a little 'r')

Postby CHARON EMPIRE » Sat May 13, 2017 12:07 am

Actual CHARON EMPIRE loses are: 4251 fighters
CHARON EMPIRE

Postby Blackwill » Sat May 13, 2017 12:14 am

Hmmn....maybe my calculator needs new batteries? I'll double check.
Blackwill

Postby Blackwill » Sat May 13, 2017 12:33 am

Ouch! CHARON EMPIRE is right. You can't trust the numbers in the actual report. He did manage to take out the 6500 FTRs I had on deck.

We'll try to make up ground next turn :)

Good battle, regardless!
Blackwill

Postby Thom » Sat May 13, 2017 2:51 pm

Yeah fighter jocks always tend to claim a few more 'kills' than is reality. I remember reading several accounts in WWII that the total tally for enemy aircraft claimed exceeded the number the enemy actually had in the battle. In a couple cases even though the fighters claimed many shoot downs the enemy did not lose a single aircraft that encounter. As and example one particularly hard thing was the early encounters the American pilots had when facing the Japanese Zero. Due to the fact that the Zero would often times wing over and dive at full throttle the exhaust from the engine would leave a black trail of smoke as the Zero headed for the deck. To an inexperienced pilot or even one who didn't ever see this before it looked like a solid 'kill'. However not only did the Zero survive the battle it was later found to have taken no hits at all.

One thing I guess is a little hard for a 'gamer' to wrap his head around is that Takamo, unlike other games, does not have perfect intelligence. This seems to be a constant cause for complaints the game isn't working right, or there is something wrong with the code. In most, not all, cases it's just the fog of war programmed into the game. While this may be fun for some it seems to be agonizing for others that can't always calculate the 3-1 attack that Avalon Hill games always required to insure a win.
Thom

Return to Takamo Player Discussion Forums