Lancers

Submit your questions here.

Moderator: Tregonsee

Lancers

Postby Ralleb » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:13 am

Lately, I have had a pesky Nomad problem. Maybe they moved into my sectors because of solar storms, whatever. The issue is how to deter them from staying. I don't what them setting up shop and ruining the neighborhood. You know, devaluing my planets.
The issue is this: I built a fleet of 3 Lancer Ships. (trying to solve my problem). Loaded them with lancer missiles. Kind of like peanut butter on a rat trap. Used the code to scan, locate and fire, which I located a Platform and the fleet fired..... ONE missile. I am highly disappointed in this result. I paid for three, I expected all three to sail towards it's destination. Did I do something wrong in my commands, or is this the way it is.
Ralleb the Pirate
Ralleb

Re: Lancers

Postby Thom » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:01 pm

The lancer missiles will knock out the Nomad platform drive engines requiring them to re-build them before attempting to move the platform. Normally one missile will knock out the drive engine so the other two would have been wasted anyway. Course I'm not sure how effective the missile is meaning I'm not sure it always knocks out the drive engine. It may do other damage instead but I think it knocks out the drive engine first. A second attack may knock out the drive engines entirely meaning the platform becomes unterraformed and must be platformed from start. Been a long time since I've used them and never have been on the receiving end so not sure what it affects other than drive engines. But if you meant to warn the Nomad not to park in your sector you probably got the job done regardless of damage. Pretty sure if they didn't get damaged they're not sticking around to receive more lancer attacks and if they did get damaged they'll spend the RU's to repair the platform and move on. And if you did smack them with two or three missiles and the planet was totally disabled then you probably would have invited them to stay to recover the platform. One missile is good for a warning shot. Any more and it escalates rapidly. Think you did the correct thing even if you're disappointed you didn't completely destroy their platform.
Thom

Re: Lancers

Postby wyrmswyrd » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:40 am

/roflmao

As it turns out I was placed there for my initial set up. :) Nothing insidious on my part.

Your raids on my trading colony had already decided me to move on, so don't worry on that aspect.

BTW. One lancer attack on the PLT was ineffective. There was also a second attack (you?) that was taken out by
my planetary torpedoes.

Anyways, realizing that unlike the old BAXEL galaxy I played, I wasn't placed in an area populated by NPC's only,
I'd already decided to move along before you started your attacks. I've actually had more problems getting the PLT
to move then I've had from your attacks. :)

Peace.

Khagan of Stelle Avis
wyrmswyrd

Return to Questions & Answers