Alien Worlds and Fleets

Submit your questions here.

Moderator: Tregonsee

Alien Worlds and Fleets

Postby LarryL » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:46 am

A few questions

a. How tot make contact if you find an alien fleet (diplo?)

b. Why would you want to merge w/Alien Fleet?

c. AC #24 = Scan for Alien…. . Does a failure to find anything mean Repeat attempts will fail?

d. Can you loot their planet

e. Can you take it over and colonize it?

f. Similar to d, can Cybermen do d and e too.

Respects...
LarryL

Re: Alien Worlds and Fleets

Postby Thom » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:02 pm

LarryL wrote:A few questions

a. How to make contact if you find an alien fleet (diplo?) Send fleet owners empire a message, action code 17.

b. Why would you want to merge w/Alien Fleet? Sell ships to another player.

c. AC #24 = Scan for Alien…. . Does a failure to find anything mean Repeat attempts will fail? No, you can repeatedly scan. Minimum you'll get is a sector scan report. Best you'll get is a tec level raise if the AC is no more than 5 TL's above you. If they AC is below your current TL you will get a message that the information is worthless.

d. Can you loot their planet? Yes you can loot an Ancient Civilization planet.

e. Can you take it over and colonize it? Yes, but to colonize it you'd have to loot it first and then reclaim it.

f. Similar to d, can Cybermen do d and e too. Yes, Cybers can loot Ancient Civilizations as well.

Respects...
Thom

Postby Soelien-Twa » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:23 pm

Thom wrote:

a. How to make contact if you find an alien fleet (diplo?) Send fleet owners empire a message, action code 17.

b. Why would you want to merge w/Alien Fleet? Sell ships to another player.

c. AC #24 = Scan for Alien…. . Does a failure to find anything mean Repeat attempts will fail? No, you can repeatedly scan. Minimum you'll get is a sector scan report. Best you'll get is a tec level raise if the AC is no more than 5 TL's above you. If they AC is below your current TL you will get a message that the information is worthless.
Minimum is "You didn't find anything of value in your exploration of xyz12312" You will see that a lot. You may also get a sector report or tech increase. As an example I got a sector report, then nothing, then a tech increase, then three nothings in a row I believe, though still being under the tech of the AC.

d. Can you loot their planet? Yes you can loot an Ancient Civilization planet.

e. Can you take it over and colonize it? Yes, but to colonize it you'd have to loot it first and then reclaim it.

f. Similar to d, can Cybermen do d and e too. Yes, Cybers can loot Ancient Civilizations as well.

Respects...
Soelien-Twa

Postby Thom » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:43 pm

Soelien-Twa wrote:
Thom wrote:

Minimum is "You didn't find anything of value in your exploration of xyz12312" You will see that a lot.

If you get that message then the planet is not an Ancient Civ.

Respects...
Thom

Postby CHARON EMPIRE » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:44 am

"You didn't find anything of value in your exploration of xyz12312" You will see that a lot.

If you get that message then the planet is not an Ancient Civ.

Not entirely true, I've received this message and the planet is an ancient civ.
CHARON EMPIRE

Postby Soelien-Twa » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:22 am

Yes definitely an Ancient Civ as I own the planet
Soelien-Twa

Postby Thom » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:51 am

Soelien-Twa wrote:Yes definitely an Ancient Civ as I own the planet

Right. Sorry. Teach me to answer questions after a 2 1/2 hour tennis match. This is a message you'll get from an Ancient Civ when something else has set the date to the current run date like building marines or AC scanning the planet and then trying to scan a second time or someone else has already scanned the planet previously in the turn.

No way around the current limitations I have on the way the game was programmed initially. Just not enough room in the planetary records to store everyone's actions on the planet or even several different actions by the same player that are not related, like building marines, trading, AC scanning etc. So we live with what we have and that means some actions cancel out others.
Thom

Return to Questions & Answers