Cyber - Looting and Results

Submit your questions here.

Moderator: Tregonsee

Re: Cyber - Looting and Results

Postby REPTIMALIEN » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:50 am

So if these pieces of planets are going away, to cyber consumption have you.
Then when a cyber world is destroyed, all the worlds in Estra should get back a piece of that pie. :mrgreen:

"Life must go on"
Merchetti Merchants
REPTIMALIEN

Postby Thom » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:02 pm

A planet that is strip mined has the mining potential permanently reduced. Reclaiming the planet will not restore the previous mining potential. Also worlds that are cyber traded are permanently reduced to planetary debris. They cannot be reclaimed. Looting a world is more like dismantling and hauling off installations but doesn't really affect the environment. And it is an effective way of destroying all installations leaving nothing for the enemy invading to gain from the world should they capture it. However as the environment is not really destroyed I don't see why rebuilding a looted world would be counter-intuitive.

Also a world that was Bombarded could be reclaimed but I no longer see the action code for a cyber to bombard a world so it must have been removed somewhere along the line. Not sure of the reason or even how it was done. I do remember in the very first game a world could be bombarded by cybers rather than invaded. And I remember them having to have battleship class or better starships in the fleet. But I have looked for the code to restore the ability or even know how it worked and have yet to run across it.
Thom

Postby CHARON EMPIRE » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:42 pm

Thom

A true shame you can't find the code for a cyber to bombard a world, that would have been a great feature!

Charon Empire
CHARON EMPIRE

Postby Thom » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:29 pm

What looks like happened is the bombarded status is the result of cyber trading a world. So somewhere along the line the bombarded code was replaced by cyber trading but the status remained the same. I'll have to ask Randy and Bill if they remember how and why the bombard action turned into cyber trading. May have been a matter of play design so the cybers gained cargo from the venture rather than just destruction of the world.
Thom

Postby CHARON EMPIRE » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:43 pm

What if you put it back to where a cyber could bombard a planet from planet orbit, and after the bombarding you would receive a bounty?
CHARON EMPIRE

Previous

Return to Questions & Answers