Cyber - Looting and Results

Submit your questions here.

Moderator: Tregonsee

Cyber - Looting and Results

Postby LarryL » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:09 pm

In order to loot, a cyber must own the world. Naturally, the better advanced the world, the better
the looting.

However,
A. What happens when a world is looted?
Afterwards, the world will be listed as LW.

B. How does/long for one get it back to CW?

C. The same turn it is back to CW, can it be looted again?

D. Can it be looted more than once a turn (see b and c above)

E. Does the Tec Lv of the Looted world increase the Loot? :?:
LarryL

Re: Cyber - Looting and Results

Postby Thom » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:39 pm

When a world is looted all the installations and military forces are destroyed except for marines. If there are POP on the world they fight the marines and so some of them might be lost due to fighting. In order to colonize it again you have to build a reclamation ship and send it to the world to reclaim the planet. Once it is reclaimed it becomes an unterraformed world which in turn can then be colonized. I believe if you loot the planet you can reclaim it, colonize it, and loot it again in the same turn. Not sure what the object of that strategy would be but it looks like its possible.
Thom

Postby Knights Of Rancor » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:37 pm

Begin transmission:

It is not cost effective to loot the same colony, over and over the higher the MP is and the bigger the planet is, does make a deference. BUT you would be better off maxing out the Colony Bases and MUs on that planet then put it in your trade Route buying and selling cargo (I know that does not sound like a Cybers strategy) BUT with the economics set up the way they are in TAKAMO as I see it, it is the most cost effective way of making RUs and it's consistent. I would rather be blowing up planets but the gain does not cover the cost in actions and ships lost the only planets worth blowing are high Tec well built worlds the better the target the more actions it will take and the more ships you will loose thus the less RUs you will make per action spent the same goes for looting the same world over and over.

Right now I would have to be blowing up 1-2 planets every turn in less than 20 actions (can't be done!) just to make what I get from Merchant runs fact of life.

End transmission:

WmP

The Knights Of Rancor have been reactivated and on the move and the constant broadcast on all known com channels fills the vast darkness of space of the Estra Galaxy once again ........

"Who cares if the Bios' hate they are all to be exterminated. The Galaxy must be cleansed!"

From the C.C.C. (Collective's Central Core) of the KNIGHTS OF RANCOR (KOR)
Last edited by Knights Of Rancor on Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Knights Of Rancor

Postby Thom » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:58 pm

All too true. At one time a cyber made quite a bit from blowing up planets. Unfortunately it seemed they didn't really attack other players but rather had an ally terraform and build a world for them to blow up. Pretty much the same as trading. One of the things I still work on when time permits is to get the game working the way it was originally designed. To this end I have to cut the ties between cybers and others completely somehow.
Thom

Postby CEREBUS » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:33 pm

Much like they receive a bounty on POP, how about giving them a bounty on bio ships.
CEREBUS

Postby LarryL » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:12 pm

Thanks everyone.

Also, on just attacking over and over again same planet, a potential solution is to maybe add another field in whatever
database is being used to reflect the being looted. Once looted, divide the Loot by 1k and -1.

Nomionly (sp), this would give an integer of 0-?? which would be added to that field. It would not be possible to loot
again until that many turns expired.

Ex: Loot = 8,000. Divide by 1k = 8. 8-1 = 7. Which would mean that planet could not be looted by the same player
for seven turns. This would force them to go out and find another world - which makes sense, since the irradiation
of all bio-forms would be what? A prime directive.

This concept also, would put a halt to a large degree of two players, 1 cyber doing that routine that was spoken of.

Shades of Delaks!!!!

I do not hav e any figures except CW worlds to go by, so I don't know for sure how that would work w/HW-TW Anyone
who has played the Cyber want to add some info on this?

Respects
LarryL

Postby CHARON EMPIRE » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:24 pm

I personally don't see the point your trying to make. As a cyber if I loot a world, it's looted, why would I want to build it back up and loot it again? No profit in it! I would prefer to just destroy it, although that too has no profit, but it means you can't use it either unless your a miner.
CHARON EMPIRE

Postby LarryL » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:05 pm

Its math. A size 8 CW, for example only, garnets say 10k, have 10 CBs and other stuff.
To reload, ie fix that world will cost less than 3k, gaining a 7k profit. After all, the
way you are describing it, is something feel the Cyber would do. But apparently (see
earlier post by Thom, many others is not done.

For my end, I am going to try all variations to see what happens - this gives us a chance
to explore what happens in various circumstances.

Again, I agree with your attitude on "what" the Cyber should do. :D
LarryL

Postby LOCUTUS » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:32 am

Begin Transmission:

If a planet is reclaimed it should never and I mean NEVER be as big or as productive as it just was before the last looting or cyber mining or strip mining. It should not reset back to previous SZ and MP levels part of that planet (a large part) was hauled off so it should NEVER go back to the way it was. Now that may be the way it is, I don't know, but I thought this needed to be brought up, in case it resets back to previous levels or at random levels in witch case it should still never match or exceed it's previous levels. Now that being said, if it never resets to previous levels theoretically that planet could be taken to a point that it could no longer be reclaimed. It was used up.

End Transmission:

Resistance is futile… Pray to be assimilated… We ARE coming... from LOCUTUS the Borg.
LOCUTUS

Postby Knights Of Rancor » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:49 am

CEREBUS wrote:Much like they receive a bounty on POP, how about giving them a bounty on bio ships.

Begin Transmission:

Now I like that concept getting payed for the Bio Ships, that would be good.

End Transmission:

WmP

The Knights Of Rancor have been reactivated and on the move and the constant broadcast on all known com channels fills the vast darkness of space of the Estra Galaxy once again ........

"Who cares if the Bios' hate they are all to be exterminated. The Galaxy must be cleansed!"

From the C.C.C. (Collective's Central Core) of the KNIGHTS OF RANCOR (KOR)
Knights Of Rancor

Next

Return to Questions & Answers