Tramp Mining Questions

Submit your questions here.

Moderator: Tregonsee

Tramp Mining Questions

Postby LarryL » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:15 pm

The order for Tramp Mining #15, just requires, AC, Loc#1, and the fleet.

The order to sell this ore #133, requires AC, Loc#1, Fleet #, and Amount to sell.

How does one determine the amount that can be sold? In the above orders, one
cannot dictate the amount to be mined. Is it based upon the ship itself? i.e. the
Tec 10 has capacity for 10 units and the Tec 263 for 25.

So if I were using a Tec 10, I would mine 10 Ore units.? This is unclear both by
the Input Sheet and the Draft Rules.

2nd and last (for a while) :ugeek: : Rules stipulate if using more Tramps than
the Mining Potential, you could have nasty effects (been there, done that lol ).
So, by my reading, if the planet has a mining potential of 19, I could send 15
Tramps there and mine. But what would the results be for ore? Using a 10 ore
Tramp, 150 ores or 25 Tramp 250?

Respects...
LarryL

Re: Tramp Mining Questions

Postby CHARON EMPIRE » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:32 pm

Can you say stripmine! Look for asteroid belts to mine, you'll get your best ore from mp 5 or better. Always, in the spec # (the little box to the far right) enter the amount of ore you want to take. If you take too much you will stripmine the planet. An asteroid belt with a mp of 5 will render 50 cargo, 6 sixty cargo. But your rules are different when mining other worlds. I would suggest you contact another miner for the full details.
CHARON EMPIRE

Re: Tramp Mining Questions

Postby Thom » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:44 pm

Tramp mining has been changed over the years but the long and short of the rules are. If you tramp mine a world and leave the Special Number blank the fleet will load as much cargo as the planet's MPOT without the chance of strip mining a world. Also once you tramp mine a world you'll get a message on how much cargo the world will produce max without strip mining the world so you can adjust your numbers later. If you want to try and get more off a world you can put a higher number in the special number box but anything over the default risks strip mining the world. But the cargo you get off a world by default is as follows:

Any size world - Cargo = MPOT or if you leave the special number box empty
Planet size 1 - 10 - Cargo = MPOT
Planet size 0 - Cargo = MPOT * 10
Planet size 11 - Cargo = MPOT * 3
Planet status strip mined - Cargo = MPOT / 2
Thom

Return to Questions & Answers