Planet Owner Thinks You're a Pirate...

Submit your questions here.

Moderator: Tregonsee

Planet Owner Thinks You're a Pirate...

Postby Blackwill » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:44 pm

Can anyone give an answer as to why a Nomad trying to sell merchant cargo to an NPC world would get this message: "You can NOT sell goods to this planet....planet owner thinks you are a Pirate.", or "You can NOT buy goods from this planet...planet owner thinks you are a Smuggler." ??? This has happened several times to me, on several worlds, within the last few turns.

Also, has there been anther change to the Pirate routines? I am now receiving a notification when selling to my HW that the planet is nit a Pirate Haven....the rules clearly indicate that a Pirate's HWs are considered Havens for that empire Only. I never received this message until last turn.

Thanks.
Blackwill

Re: Planet Owner Thinks You're a Pirate...

Postby Thom » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:15 pm

Yes, a player may only sell goods to his own worlds except in the following circumstances. The empire selling is a trader or the empire is a smuggler or pirate and selling to an NPC pirate haven.

So a Nomad can only sell to his owned worlds, not NPC's. That is what traders do.

As for the message that your home world is not a pirate haven, technically that is correct but you can still sell there. You just don't get as much for the sale.
Thom

Re: Planet Owner Thinks You're a Pirate...

Postby Blackwill » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:00 am

Ah. That makes perfect sense now. I had assumed that anyone could trade anywhere, but Trade Corps simply got better prices. Thanks, Thom.
Blackwill

Return to Questions & Answers