QUESTIONS TIME IMPERIUM LAFAYETTE

Submit your questions here.

Moderator: Tregonsee

Re: QUESTIONS TIME IMPERIUM LAFAYETTE

Postby Thom » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:48 pm

Yes, that is how the merge with alien fleet works.
Thom

Postby ImperiumLafayette » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:11 am

thanks!
ImperiumLafayette

Postby ImperiumLafayette » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:34 am

Ok, when I merged a fleet with an alien fleet, the ships I merged were NOT placed at the back end AND they were merged in reverse order.

My fleet:

Ship A
Ship B
Ship C

Alien fleet:
Alien Ship A

After Merge:
Ship C
Ship B
Ship A
Alien Ship A

This is opposite of what I was told and the opposite of what happens in a merge of two of my fleets.

So what is suppose to be the correct way and is this a bug or what?

edit: The more I think about it the reverse order is probably because one ship at a time is transferred top to bottom instead of entire fleet transferred as a group in their current top to bottom order. This resulted in the exact opposite of what I wanted to happen....sigh. However the ships were NOT placed at end of receiving fleet.
ImperiumLafayette

Postby Thom » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:52 pm

Merge with alien fleet is a bit different than merging with your own fleets. Yes one ship at a time has to be transferred as the ship has to move from your fleet and ship record to the alien's records. I believe the way it handles the transfer is front of fleet to back. So yes all ships would end up in reverse order.
Thom

Postby ImperiumLafayette » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:24 pm

What about the fact the ship were not merged on the tail end of fleet? Does Alien Merge not place the incoming ships at end of receiving fleet like the normal merge does?
ImperiumLafayette

Postby ImperiumLafayette » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:17 am

Another one of those "I'm not sure how this works?" questions.

When you have scan capable ships of different tech levels in the same fleet do you get the benefit of the higher tech or the lowest tech?

example:

Fleet XYZ has one tech 100 rift scout cruiser and one tech 50 scout. When the fleet arrives at XXX11111 to scan do you get a tech 100 scan or a tech 50 scan? Does the lower tech ship affect the outcome at all?

Imperium Lafayette
ImperiumLafayette

Postby Tregonsee » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:33 pm

ImperiumLafayette wrote:Another one of those "I'm not sure how this works?" questions.

When you have scan capable ships of different tech levels in the same fleet do you get the benefit of the higher tech or the lowest tech?

example:

Fleet XYZ has one tech 100 rift scout cruiser and one tech 50 scout. When the fleet arrives at XXX11111 to scan do you get a tech 100 scan or a tech 50 scan? Does the lower tech ship affect the outcome at all?

Imperium Lafayette

The lower tech ship has no affect until such time as the higher tech ship is destroyed or removed from the fleet. Only at that time will it affect the fleet. Look at the fleet list, it will show the highest tech explorer in the fleet. However, the effect is different for carriers.

Steve HMU
Tregonsee

Postby ImperiumLafayette » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:45 pm

Thanks.
ImperiumLafayette

Postby ImperiumLafayette » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:45 pm

And once again I approach the podium with a question. Like what else is new huh?

When launching a sector probe does tech level have anything to do with success. AND if so, is it the tech level of the planet or the Empire's tech level?

In the rulebook at the section where sector probe is discuss I see nothing about tech. Because it doesn't matter or because it was just not mentioned, ah there is the rub!

IL
Bringing You The Thoughts You Did Not Want
ImperiumLafayette

Postby CHARON EMPIRE » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:29 pm

Could be wrong, but I thought it was a function of the planet launching the probe. I know I have a lot more success with these buggers from a high tec world compared to a tec 10 or 15 planet.
CHARON EMPIRE

PreviousNext

Return to Questions & Answers