The Rallebian Clan

Put your player race history here. If it is really long and it is on the internet elsewhere, please post the link.

Moderator: Tregonsee

The Rallebian Clan

Postby vemlich » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:21 pm

The Rallebian Clan

I write this history from a deep, dark hole on a distant colony. Just by writing this, can get me banished. My family and friends, sent down a wormhole in an escape pod with just the clothes on our backs. Not even a junster sidearm to protect us from whatever appears on the other side. I am trying to be positive, who knows if anyone ever appears on the other side.

Let me explain…

We were a proud people. With cities, art, culture and a sense of intrinsic growth. Our worlds thrived and we were….happy. Happiness is a funny descriptor. For what makes you happy then, can be a source of pain now. The happiness you knew then can lacerate your heart and destroy your soul. Destroy: To reduce something to nothingness or to take away its powers and functions so restoration is impossible. Some people believe when your soul dies, it turns black. It is compressed into a little ball and shot from a Kinstir Cannon into the nearest star where it vaporizes and is no longer.

All I can remember.. being told from sages.. When the Napolians first arrived, our government tossed our resources towards cybernetics. The Government convinced our people that cybernetics and alliances were the saviors of our world. I believe our world was one of the first to fall when the cybers turned. Missiles rained down plowing 14 to 20 kilometers beneath the surface. The explosions ripped at the very core of the planet. The core of the planet oozed to the surface like a seeping wound. Our planet split apart removing our culture and crushing our pride.

People with fortuitous insight, those that saw the cybers for what they were to become, gathered on starships or any ship capable of inter planetary travel and left. It is said, the deceased created banners and waved flags until the missiles plummeted from the sky, and it was too late. The survivors caravanned. But slowly ships became disabled, and people were shuffled from inoperable ships to able ships until there was no more room. When you run out of room, you do the only thing you can do, you steal.

I believe, at first, it was a necessity, or at least that is what the small remaining black shard of my soul tells me. When your world of 2.63 billion people is reduced to a caravan of 140,000… then 130,000, then 120,000, (You don’t want to count anymore because the numbers are too painful or too sobering),
You survive. Somewhere over time someone realized, not only are we stealing for survival, we are good at it. For the first time in generations people had a common purpose and a uniting drive. Our soulless bodies united and the Rallebian Clan was born.

We stole, we amassed and we adapted. I write this as if I was there, but this was so many years ago. There are no records, no history books, all lost in the name of survival. All jettisoned into the mysterious blackness of space to make room for the living. We landed on a world, and stole every square inch of it until it was ours. There are only two jobs in a pirate clan. (1) Looting or Stealing..just call it accumulating. (2) Selling.. just call this commerce. Those that are able, accumulate. Those that are savvy or ruthless, travel to create commerce. If you do not support these two endeavors, I hope you appear on the other side.

So here we are now: Rebuilt. Stronger.
3 Terraformed worlds and multiple colonies in our niche of the universe.

We are:
Pirate Empire: Ralleb
vemlich
Site Admin

Return to Player Histories