Steve Karseboom Memorial ZIP File

This topic is for races who wish to advertise their services. Management is not responsible for timeliness, confidentiality, or anything else considering the services offered…

Moderator: Tregonsee

Steve Karseboom Memorial ZIP File

Postby Trader_Phred » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:52 pm

Hey gang,

I have archived file copies of Steve K.'s "Takamo DB" program, 16-bit (you need a 32-bit Windows OS to run it), along with the INPUT file which generates turns and does error checking, too. It does include some instructions, from 'The Steve' himself. What would be totally awesome is if someone, who has a lot more programming skill than I do, could tweak this puppy into a more advanced version that would run on newer machines. Need to get Steve's OK first, though, since is IS copyrighted.

Also a copy of the SHIPS database spreadsheet (with many thanks to Bill Guenther for his work). PLEASE NOTE that this is slightly inaccurate in a couple of areas (e.g. we don't actually have torpedo ships, and the carriers in particular are not listed under the correct Tec levels); BUT it is a very good tool to have. If for no other reason, getting those 'confusticating' ship type abbreviations figured out!

I don't know if this is something that can be uploaded here, but if you want a copy, just drop me an email via westermarker@yahoo.com and I'll be happy to send you a ZIP file with the whole shebang. I'd also appreciate it if you'd mention your empire name(s) and player type(s)... I'd kind of like to get a "game census" of sorts, which I will happily share, though not with people's contact information (without their permission).

You're welcome. :ugeek:

Trader_Phred, CEO MegaCorp
"Beeblebrox. Just be glad he's out there."
Trader_Phred

Re: Steve Karseboom Memorial ZIP File

Postby R. Ritnour » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:06 pm

Wish we could talk Steve into joining the crew!
R. Ritnour

Postby Trader_Phred » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:10 pm

R. Ritnour wrote:Wish we could talk Steve into joining the crew!

Do we know how to reach him?

I was under the impression that he'd moved, and nobody was sure where he went to.
"Beeblebrox. Just be glad he's out there."
Trader_Phred

Postby Thom » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:12 pm

I am still slugging my way through backups for the full version. I was sure at one time that Steve had sent one to me for evaluation but since we couldn't actually use it due to the copyright, or buy it from him for that matter, I lost track of it. May have deleted it as that might have been a condition of the evaluation but I can't remember. At any rate the program was a compiled Access program that we would have to have the original source code to modify it to work on 64 bit computers.
Thom

Postby Knights Of Rancor » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:05 pm

I'll send copies of any playing aids I have to anyone, and thanks Trader Phred for the kudos, but in my defense about the errors in the ship list. Remember I compiled that info back in Estra I in the 1980s and some things have changed since then that I don't have the current info on (yet) but I am working on it. (i.e. some carriers are acquired at earlier Tec than before and some are at higher prices than they were back then) as I get that info I update the list.

I was thinking that I had at one time the full version of the takdb, that you could basically input all your planets with just a few clicks but it’s been so long ago. I was lucky I was able to find some of my old stuff the way it was. Then some of my spreadsheets weren’t finished so they were works in progress. Most are finished now.

WmP (Bill Guenther)

The Knights Of Rancor have been reactivated and on the move and the constant broadcast on all known com channels fills the vast darkness of space of the Estra Galaxy once again ........

"Who cares if the Bios' hate they are all to be exterminated. The Galaxy must be cleansed!"

From the C.C.C. (Collective's Central Core) of the KNIGHTS OF RANCOR (KOR)
Knights Of Rancor

Postby Knights Of Rancor » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:18 am

I did find the "TakDB Lite User Manual" in my old files it's a MS Word Document and not Adobe still interesting reading and lets you see what all it dose and can do even has pictures LOL

WmP

The Knights Of Rancor have been reactivated and on the move and the constant broadcast on all known com channels fills the vast darkness of space of the Estra Galaxy once again ........

"Who cares if the Bios' hate they are all to be exterminated. The Galaxy must be cleansed!"

From the C.C.C. (Collective's Central Core) of the KNIGHTS OF RANCOR (KOR)
Knights Of Rancor

Return to Advertisements