Most anticipated aspects of Takamo

Here are some more archived posts from the previous forum for reference.

Moderator: Tregonsee

Most anticipated aspects of Takamo

Postby vemlich » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:11 pm

May 26, 2014 at 6:13 am #1596 EDIT | MOVE | SPLIT | TRASH | SPAM | REPLY

Justifiers Astarte (ICB)

Participant
(84.189.205.79)
Having different tech paths sounds interesting. You could have two different players such as Miners that have slightly different abilities/bonuses/etc…

October 17, 2013 at 1:28 pm #505 EDIT | CLOSE | STICK (TO FRONT) | MERGE | TRASH | SPAM | REPLY

Grythome

Participant
(199.114.13.10)
I’m curious what parts of Takamo Universe are most anticipated by different players.

The expanding exploration, and the concept of developing out an empire, rather than a single character is what appeals to me the most on the parts I’ve heard so far.

What say you all?

-Grythome

July 13, 2014 at 11:12 pm #2244 EDIT | MOVE | SPLIT | TRASH | SPAM | REPLY
Soelien-Twa
Soelien-Twa

Participant
(173.180.129.16)
Not wanting to start a new topic I thought I’d add what I’d like to see in Takamo Universe, as well as Takamo.

Corruption/expansion penalties. Say a reduction of income from each planet 2% * # of sectors from homeworld. This would encourage players to carve out their own fiefdoms and invest in developing the worlds around them rather than cherry picking worlds within their alliances’ sphere of influence. This would be a lot more “realistic” if I can use that word in a science fiction game.

Starting position of one world or at maximum one system. I understand a “quick start” was needed to get new players and developers used to the Takamo Universe so we started with three terraformed worlds and a bunch of colonies. But, if we are a scattering of mankind (and others) surviving cybernetic extinction and it does not make much sense to be scattered across a sector with vulnerable supply lines.
Also I think just about every science fiction show/book shows that mankind will not exist with another race in the same home system. At some point in time before the development of interstellar flight one planet will enslave or eliminate all other sentinant life within their home system. It would make sense for intial player starts to be a Homeworld and colonies within the system, rather than NPC worlds within the system

This reply was modified 1 month ago by .
vemlich
Site Admin

Return to Archived posts from previous forum