Space Nomads

Here are some more archived posts from the previous forum for reference.

Moderator: Tregonsee

Space Nomads

Postby vemlich » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:21 pm

February 8, 2014 at 12:10 am #1024 EDIT | MOVE | SPLIT | TRASH | SPAM | REPLY
R. Ritnour
R. Ritnour

Keymaster
(108.167.46.172)
The PBEM version of the old Takamo game is now open. Contact me at randy@takamouniverse.com if you would like to join.

November 26, 2013 at 9:10 am #584 EDIT | MOVE | SPLIT | TRASH | SPAM | REPLY

Space

Participant
(72.191.113.108)
Yes, indeed – glad to see the paypal option and followed up a while back via pbem123@yahoo.

Glad you are pursuing the project and look forward to the fun!

November 25, 2013 at 1:00 pm #574 EDIT | MOVE | SPLIT | TRASH | SPAM | REPLY
R. Ritnour
R. Ritnour

Keymaster
(108.167.46.172)
We’ve been busy since the Kickstarter campaign. New ship frames, Fighter models and database work. Even more interesting is our decision to reintroduce the original Takamo as a free online turn based game that is intended to give the new generation of gamers an idea of what the original game was all about. So stay tuned if you are interested in getting back into the old game as well.

September 28, 2013 at 2:41 pm #404 EDIT | MOVE | SPLIT | TRASH | SPAM | REPLY

Space

Participant
(72.191.113.108)
I’m sorry, but I don’t even remember – I had a fairly hightech nomad platform in the play-by-mail game. I sent my turns in to a lady in…a midwestern plains state? It was really fun but the game closed kinda abruptly.

I missed the more modern Takamo -apparantly it went on to become an email/online game.

My play style was to avoid conflict and explore stuff while building up a massive and potentially mobile platform.

For the new Takamo, who knows? Are there scary cybernetic robot guys, bent on galactic evisceration? Sounds fun! Are there roaring Kzinti-like cat people, who want to eat your liver? Cool beans! Are there evil corporate overlords who run the Blue Sun Consortium, slowly draining the souls of millions of folk? Mooohahaha!

Dunno where I’m headed in your ‘verse, but I hope to write a chapter or two in the new story of Takamo.

September 27, 2013 at 7:17 pm #401 EDIT | MOVE | SPLIT | TRASH | SPAM | REPLY
R. Ritnour
R. Ritnour

Keymaster
(108.167.46.172)
What galaxy? Who were your allies and enemies?

September 27, 2013 at 4:01 pm #397 EDIT | CLOSE | STICK (TO FRONT) | MERGE | TRASH | SPAM | REPLY

Space

Participant
(72.191.113.108)
Well, hopefully the ability to be the Space Nomads still exists!

Loved the game in my all-to-short playtime, missed the email game – glad to see Takamo back in action!

Author
vemlich
Site Admin

Return to Archived posts from previous forum