Action code 134

Questions and answers on the Input Page.

Moderator: Tregonsee

Action code 134

Postby Soelien-Twa » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:00 pm

Had wrongly put in Action code 134 with the planet location in Location#1 and nothing in Location#2. When pressing the "Check Action Codes" button the Location#2 came up "green" which brought my attention to it. I would have thought it should come up "red" as necessary info instead of the green "attention" as action code 134 has no variation in it like a build code
Soelien-Twa

Re: Action code 134

Postby Thom » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:55 am

Many of the action codes were changed to a move and do last time we ran a Takamo game due to the limited actions a player had. The original game had most actions as independent of moving, meaning for instance if you wanted to colonize a world you had to move a fleet to the world using action code 1 or 2 and then use action code 8 to colonize the world. When I changed most of these actions to include moving the fleet first I decided to retain the original code so as to be compatible with a player who forgot the action was a move and do or simply didn't want to move his fleet first as it was already in the location. When I added action code 134 I made it work like all other action codes that had been changed from an independent action to a move and do.

Bottom line it works either way, thus the second location is optional, and therefor displays a green box when checking action codes.
Thom

Return to Input Page