Use the new "Submit" button on the Input Page

Questions and answers on the Input Page.

Moderator: Tregonsee

Use the new "Submit" button on the Input Page

Postby R. Ritnour » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:48 am

Nearly all players are now submitting their turns via the "Submit" button on theweb Input page. It is working well.

There is no longer a need to send backup turns by email.

The system allows you to either type in your turn using the web input page GUI or create the turn using your spreadsheet and then uploading it to the web input page. Once you've got it loaded into the page, the page formats the turn so it is compatible with our system. All you have to do is hit the "Submit" button and your turn is added to the que. If you decide to change orders, simply make your changes and submit the entire amended turn. The previous turn will then be overwritten and the new turn will be placed in the que.

For those of you who are having difficulties using the new method, contact Thom Walla (thomwalla@gmail.com) or Randy Ritnour (ritnourlaw@gmail.com) for assistance. Other players that you know may also be able to help.
R. Ritnour

Re: Use the new "Submit" button on the Input Page

Postby Blackwill » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:41 am

Is there any special formatting I would have to do to transfer a spreadsheet orders set to the Input page? Is it a simple Copy/Paste, or are there delimiters and what-not that I would need to use? I'm pretty handy with the basics of spreadsheet creation, but that kind of stuff tanks me.
Blackwill

Re: Use the new "Submit" button on the Input Page

Postby Thom » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:15 am

The TAK file is just formatted the same as a CSV spreadsheet file so it's tab delimited. So if you save the spreadsheet as a tab delimited file you can import it into the input page just fine.

There is a template you'll need to follow but it's pretty easy. I can email you a copy. Just let me know the email address and I'll send you the template.
Thom

Return to Input Page