Security Code on Submit

Questions and answers on the Input Page.

Moderator: Tregonsee

Security Code on Submit

Postby Thom » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:37 pm

The security code has been temporarily removed due to some misunderstandings on how it's used. I'll develop a better system now that I know the pitfalls of the current process. Basically I don't think some of the concepts were clear enough and it was not working the way I wanted it to be. Also players really wanted some kind of confirmation that their turn was submitted properly so I replaced the security code with an email confirmation. Now we have a traceable time stamped email to the player as well as the actions being time stamped to insure that the email and the time stamp on the actions are the same. This also insures that the player running the empire did in fact submit the actions.
Thom

Re: Security Code on Submit

Postby Blackwill » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:04 pm

I had a similar concern once the fleet reports were sent, listing the Player ID of the empire with alien marines loaded.
Blackwill

Postby Knights Of Rancor » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:48 pm

Yes for once I agree with HHC about using player ID and not position name
Knights Of Rancor

Postby Thom » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:13 pm

The player ID was inadvertently included. It was supposed to be the empire name as the player ID doesn't really mean anything. I just didn't change it back after testing. Will be changed this week.
Thom

Return to Input Page