Turn confirmations still not emailing correctly

Questions and answers on the Input Page.

Moderator: Tregonsee

Turn confirmations still not emailing correctly

Postby Thom » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:02 pm

First off sorry for the delay in answering the problem but I really didn't think it would be such a hard fix. At some point the email confirmation stopped working. I really think it's due to the way some of our IT company configured the server but can't get them to even address the issue because they don't think it's their fault. So that aside.

Due to some unfortunate miss ques several players have thought they got their turn in but it never arrived. I am not exactly sure how this happens and with out an email confirmation the player is left to assume everything went right. Randy is checking player numbers to see if everyone that plays regularly has a turn for the week but that leaves players the may play once in a while or have just started again being overlooked.

So to address the problem till I get the IT company down on the mat and wrestle the information out of them.

I will add a drop down list to the input page to let a player see that his turn is indeed in the que. It's basically the same thing Randy uses to look at all the player numbers. However I don't want to use player numbers for the list as this might lead to some problems. I have not exactly figured out how to verify a user yet but I think some combination of empire name and player's id will work.

Basically the values returned will come directly from the data base so if a player checks and sees that his turn is in they can rest assured that it is the same info that Randy sees.

Will work on it the next couple weeks and see what I can come up with.
Thom

Re: Turn confirmations still not emailing correctly

Postby CHARON EMPIRE » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:40 pm

Thank You Thom!
CHARON EMPIRE

Return to Input Page