Tracking Your Position

Helpful hints on playing the game.

Moderator: Tregonsee

Tracking Your Position

Postby LarryL » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:10 am

Entering your Planet or Fleet information into a spreadsheet is very tiring. So I say why reinvent the wheel?

I use Open Office - available for Mac, Windows, and Linux.

Step 1. Highlight the Planet information in full. Copy it.
Step 2. Paste, NOT Paste Special, into the spreadsheet. Here, it will automatically open the paste options
screen. Select the Merge Delimiters, Tab, and Other. In the Other space, place 2 spaces.
Step 3. Select Okay.

it is done. Your Planets will now be in separate cells and in an order you can now work with.
This will work with your fleets, ship build codes as well.

Respects...
LarryL

Re: Tracking Your Position

Postby Knights Of Rancor » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:50 pm

Begin transmission:

I'm a cheep bastard. Is that some thing I can run on the Micro Soft Office (2003) I already have or would that require me to BUY another program? and If I have to purchase a new program just for that, how much will that set me back? As you can see my MSOffice is old and works just fine. That may be a fix in the saving of data but I don't see it as being practical.

End transmission:

WmP

The Knights Of Rancor have been reactivated and on the move and the constant broadcast on all known com channels fills the vast darkness of space of the Estra Galaxy once again ........

"Who cares if the Bios' hate they are all to be exterminated. The Galaxy must be cleansed!"

From the C.C.C. (Collective's Central Core) of the KNIGHTS OF RANCOR (KOR)
Knights Of Rancor

Postby LarryL » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:59 pm

Since I use Mac or Linux primarily, not 100% positively how the delimiters would work.
For what it is worth, OIpen Office is 100% free and can be saved in .doc format.

Not only is it free, but if you go to school and they say you need MS Office 2013, or whatever,
you can thumb your nose at them. You can save all OO file types to the same MS O file type.

To open, just double click on the file or right click open with…..

Ket me know if you need other help on this

www.openoffice.org
LarryL

Postby ERCA AG » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:32 pm

I use EXCEL 2007 you can cut and paste your planet info into EXCEL then go to the Data Tab, Data Tools, Text to Columns
I don't know if 2003 has that option or not.
ERCA AG

Postby LarryL » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:10 pm

Thanks!

Just a dumb question. Have you tried this? The reason I ask, is when I try the cut/paste w/Open Office, without using
the delimiter, it never pastes in separate cells.

If it does work that easy in Office 2007, that is awesome. Again the major benefits is free and compatible. )

Larry
LarryL

Postby ERCA AG » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:57 am

When you paste, it goes into one cell but after data, data, text to columns it puts them into separate columns. Bad thing is if you have a planet you don't own but have interest in such as:
ABC12345 Your Diplomat is on the planet. Diplomatic Level is 5
it also separates the sentence into columns bases on the other data.
ERCA AG

Return to Takamo Playing Tips