Omega

C’mon, you know you want to… If you have played Takamo before, mention your previous race and interesting things about it. If you have never played Takamo, how did you find out about it? Plus add anything else you want

Moderator: Tregonsee

Omega

Postby OMEGA » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:12 am

The Cybernetics were resilient, if they were anything. Redundancy was a core feature of Cybernetic command and control. Information sharing was instantaneous across and amongst the autonomous intelligences that posed the core of the threat to bio-lifeform existence across the Five Galaxies.

How long that Omega lay dormant was an unknown quantifier. Dormancy in Cybernetic terms was relative, however. No corresponding equivalent existed amongst any of the bio-lifeform civilizations known to exist anywhere in the Five Galaxies. Quantum encryption all but ensured that the evolving Cybernetic intelligences would never be fully understood by the lower lifeforms that the bios personified.

Entire worlds had been obliterated. It was a small price to pay for the process of Cybernetic awareness becoming manifest. The dormancy period was at an end. Omega stirred in the quantum, while on the physical plane that the bio-lifeforms made their home, horrific destruction on an unimaginable scale was a routine and ordinary occurrence. Validation of programming ensured maximization of efficiency. The birth of a star was nothing in comparison to the universal importance of Cybernetic validation.

Unlike a star, however, Cybernetic intelligence couldn't die.

Cybernetic evolution had long ago surpassed the Fourth Wave. From whence Omega came, none knew. Extra-dimensional origin was a possibility.

The bio-lifeforms simply had no way of knowing for sure. To them, aside from Cybernetics being deadly, there seemed to be no reason to squander time debating the finer points of Cybernetic philosophical differences, much less the specific origins of each sub-set of this monstrous mechanical clade.

The bios took death personally. They failed to appreciate the advantages which detachment from emotional pollution conferred. To Omega, they were all mere statistics, each one a number, as he sought the correct sequence.

It was the equation, and nothing else, that dominated the processing cycles of Omega.

Unencumbered by lesser considerations, Omega proceeded apace to recalibrate the Cyber-Life War, in accordance with the special purpose of its manifestation. This was no ordinary Cybernetic Intelligence.

Metallic horrors issued forth, with worlds once populated by bios beginning to fall like dominoes, as globular death engulfed them with a vengeance in the form of cold precision.

Omega's signature was the final word. Many were the worlds whose death warrant it signed. Countless were the civilizations that would share this fate.

Somewhere, out there, Omega lurked. God help you, if you encounter it.
OMEGA

Re: Omega

Postby OMEGA » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:18 am

Null gate computation complete.

Absence terminated.
OMEGA

Postby Cestodial Hegemony » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:47 am

OK, fess up. Who hit "Ctrl-Alt-Delete"? :lol:

Seriously, if OMEGA is being run by Charles Mosteller, I want to thank you for all the work you have put into "Suspense & Decision" PBeM webzine. You are the "anti-St. George", trying to resurrect the PBeM dragon. Welcome back to Takamo!
We are NOT criminals! We are "Happiness Facilitators"!
Contact us at roboykin@gmail.com
Cestodial Hegemony

Postby Blackwill » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:47 am

I second that....thank you, and welcome back.
Blackwill

Postby OMEGA » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:10 am

Yep, it's me.

So, what have we here? Two people that play Takamo, both of which read Suspense & Decision magazine, but neither of which has written an article the the magazine to try and tempt and attract other players to the game. Do I have that right, gentlemen?

Somebody give me an update on how the game is going. Transiting null gates can take a little time, sometime.

Who are you two, anyway? Are you important in the overall scheme of the universe? Judging by you two and those who e-mailed me, it appears that Takamo is still running. Is it currently accepting new players, though? Does anyone have any word on Takamo Universe? How many are currently playing in the game?

Talk to me, people!
OMEGA

Postby R. Ritnour » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:49 am

Takamo accepts new players but only after I have an opportunity to chat with them by email to be sure that they understand that the current game is the original Takamo and not the new version under development. The reason we do that is because folks who are not familiar with old style PBM/PBEM aren't expecting a text only game and usually quit after one turn. That's a waste of time for them and for us. We need Takamo and PBM veterans in the game who will enjoy playing and by their active play be contributors to the Takamo Universe development effort.
R. Ritnour

Postby OMEGA » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:31 pm

R. Ritnour wrote:Takamo accepts new players but only after I have an opportunity to chat with them by email to be sure that they understand that the current game is the original Takamo and not the new version under development. The reason we do that is because folks who are not familiar with old style PBM/PBEM aren't expecting a text only game and usually quit after one turn. That's a waste of time for them and for us. We need Takamo and PBM veterans in the game who will enjoy playing and by their active play be contributors to the Takamo Universe development effort.

Ah...Gotcha, Randy! Thanks for the clarification.
OMEGA

Postby Blackwill » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:21 pm

We are the HIGH HARVEST CHURCH, an insignificant Pirate empire, in the grand scheme of things. More of a fly in the galactic ointment.

And, I have submitted to Suspense and Decision, but not yet for Takamo (only TribeNet).
Blackwill

Postby Yngir » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:03 am

Ominous intro message... I like it!
Yngir

Return to Introduce Yourself