How do you get a spy off planet once they are deployed?

Submit your questions here.

Moderator: Tregonsee

How do you get a spy off planet once they are deployed?

Postby John » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:24 pm

After sending a spy to a planet, how do you get him/her/it off the world?
John

Re: How do you get a spy off planet once they are deployed?

Postby Framis » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:57 pm

I don't think you can. They are there for the duration. Think of them as not just a spy, but a network of spies with equipment, money, etc. Just like a diplomat, which opens an embassy for you.
Framis

Postby Tregonsee » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:36 am

The spy stays there until one of the following happens:

The spy gets caught on a mission (fails to do a mission for you)

Is a victim of a Search and Destroy

You successfully take the planet (or the planet is cybertraded, nothing survives that)
Tregonsee

Postby Thom » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:15 pm

I took the spy routines from the design done in the eighties but maybe never used. Don't know. Routines were there but not active when I got the code from Randy in the late 90's. Originally there was a spy ship that you recruited insurgents on your own worlds, loaded on the spy ship, and landed on a planet, similar to guerrillas. They fought other insurgents on the world for control of the spy network although to what end I don't know as I have not found any end game. They reported things happening on the planet again similar to smuggling centers. I thought spies should be more proactive than just sitting around waiting for something to happen on the planet and then report it so came up with actions you could send them to get some info. I never really considered anyone wishing to withdraw a spy from a planet. I suppose I could use the old spy ship and routines and have it withdraw the spy from a planet.
Thom

Postby John » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:26 pm

Suppose you conquer a planet and it is now in your possession. What do you with a spy on a planet you own? You can't deploy the spy elsewhere and it just sit there reporting on a planet you now own. How about letting the spy be "extracted"? Maybe it was not the original design intent, but I think of spy with Takamo as today's SpecOps being inserted/extracted via a submarine; just a suggestion for the future.
John

Postby Thom » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:40 pm

If you take a planet that you have a spy on the spy is retired automatically. So you don't have a spy on the world any longer.
Thom

Postby John » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:33 pm

Thom wrote:If you take a planet that you have a spy on the spy is retired automatically. So you don't have a spy on the world any longer.

Nope, he's still there on the planet (spying on his own people:). At least, he is still listed on my planetary report as:

"Your SPY is on the planet. "
John

Postby Blackwill » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:02 pm

Well, at least no one else can drop one on that planet. I would leave him there. He's like one of those Japanese soldiers from WW2 who doesnt know the war ended decades ago.
Blackwill

Postby Knights Of Rancor » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:07 pm

I find the best way to remove spies is to cyber trade the planet that removes all bio infestations.
Knights Of Rancor

Postby Tregonsee » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:59 am

You could start with your home planet...
Tregonsee

Next

Return to Questions & Answers