Possible Problem with Sector Probes

This topic thread is for any issues with turns that you are having, such as garbled printouts, etc. should be posted here. This will help us address problems and glitches with email, etc. We will also post suggestions here for fixes to specific issues.

This is not a gripe board, this is a troubleshooting board. Don’t just say “My turn didn’t work.” be as specific as possible. That way we can work together to fix the issue and make the game better for everyone.

Moderator: Tregonsee

Possible Problem with Sector Probes

Postby Framis » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:10 pm

I did a bunch of sector probes on the turn processed on 11/9/17 and they failed with a "communication lost with probe" result. I thought distance might be a factor, so f for 11/17/17 I shifted to a new launch point and launched probes to other areas. The same result, even though the probes were going 1.414 and 1.732 away and were from a fairly high tec planet.

Possible problem in that part of the code?
Framis

Re: Possible Problem with Sector Probes

Postby Thom » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:10 am

That sounds unlikely that all would fail. What action code did you use. Sometimes players try to use a planetary probe action code (65), Pirate planetary probe (63), or a Planet probe from a ship (110), rather than a sector probe action code which is (66). Not saying this is what happened but I can't see two turns in a row sector probes failing from a high tec planet if the target sector was only a couple sectors away. Please check and let me know.
Thom

Return to Troubleshooting Board