POPULAR TAX

Player discussions

Moderator: Tregonsee

POPULAR TAX

Postby ImperiumLafayette » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:24 pm

I was just wondering if it was possible to make the action POPULAR TAX (AC51) a global command rather than being applied to a specific planet. So that if you issued AC51 you would tax ALL of your planets. That would save orders and make it easier to get a little pocket change.

Just a thought...

IL
Thinking My Way Into Problems (Instead Of Out Of Them) :shock:
ImperiumLafayette

Re: POPULAR TAX

Postby CHARON EMPIRE » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:49 pm

I think this has been brought up before, not sure what the outcome was, but Thom or Randy would know.
CHARON EMPIRE

Postby Thom » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:04 am

The original game had a global tax but it was only for Governors so they could tax all their empires. I think the code works a little different but I have not looked at it for a while because Governors as a player type did not work out real well from what I've been told. As for an empire declaring a tax on all their planets and the game collect the income for you each turn I am not sure if it was discussed or if so where it ended.
Thom

Postby R. Ritnour » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:13 pm

At this stage in the current game, that would be a pretty large windfall each turn for the more developed empires. Imagine the additional income for an ICB with 100 planets vs. a Trade Corporation with 20 planets. Now imagine that happening every turn. Not a balanced approach.
R. Ritnour

Return to Takamo Player Discussion Forums