DYING IN THIS DESERT

Player discussions

Moderator: Tregonsee

DYING IN THIS DESERT

Postby ImperiumLafayette » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:06 pm

Gee Randy, I didn't know there were Deserts in Space? :roll:

Explored 9 sectors for 243 subsectors with 11 systems safe to enter for a whopping 4.5% hit rate. With a going rate of 2.2 planets per system, considering there can be nine possible (yea, yea, space left for nomads...yeesch) I am in a very dry place.

Or is this normal?

IL
Hoping Not To Add Another "L"
ImperiumLafayette

Re: DYING IN THIS DESERT

Postby Thom » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:52 pm

The universe that is created is a random generation but it has a pattern. The pattern for the universe is a kind of map of how the sectors will be populated. There were any number of patterns available that were created over the years. Bottom line if some areas have a low density star count it is probably because the pattern for the universe stated those areas fairly void. The current galaxy we are playing in is a kind of spiral galaxy best I can determine where the center is fairly dense with spiral arms going out in every direction. If you are following one of those spiral arms then the star count tends to be fair. If you get off one of the arms then the count drops. So you can end up with an area that is mostly void or in your terms a kind of Desert.
Thom

Re: DYING IN THIS DESERT

Postby REPTIMALIEN » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:19 pm

Don't forget to raise your overall tec level as much as you can without overspending. And probe in the general direction of galactic center. This will increase your chances of finding more populated sectors. I have sent out 20 sectors probes and only found 3 scannable sectors.
REPTIMALIEN

Return to Takamo Player Discussion Forums