BUILDING HMU

This topic thread is for any issues with turns that you are having, such as garbled printouts, etc. should be posted here. This will help us address problems and glitches with email, etc. We will also post suggestions here for fixes to specific issues.

This is not a gripe board, this is a troubleshooting board. Don’t just say “My turn didn’t work.” be as specific as possible. That way we can work together to fix the issue and make the game better for everyone.

Moderator: Tregonsee

BUILDING HMU

Postby ImperiumLafayette » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:58 am

I attempted to build Heavy Marine Units (HMU) at a colony world with POP. I got this:

Inappropriate planetary status for planet redacted to build Heavy MU(s).

In the description of HMU in the rules it states "They must be built in place and must remain on the planet where they were recruited. (BC 267) In all other
aspects, HMUs function as MUs."

No where does it state that they can only be build on Terraformed/Homeworlds. Which is the only thing I can see (or think of) that would prevent me from building HMU on a colony world.

So rulebook or program in error? Gots to be one or the other.

IMPERIUM LAFAYETTE
CAJUNS AGAINST ERRONEOUS RULEBOOKS
ImperiumLafayette

Re: BUILDING HMU

Postby Tregonsee » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:27 pm

Rulebook is in error. You can only build HMUs on TW/HWs. Not even Anc Civs.

Steve
HMU
Tregonsee

Postby ImperiumLafayette » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:38 pm

...one of these days I'm going to break either my head or the desk...

:roll:
ImperiumLafayette

Postby Thom » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:41 pm

HMU's were not part of the original game. They were added later after the game ran for a while or perhaps after the playtests were over. Don't remember. However the problem revolves around POP. Originally POP could not survive on non-terraformed worlds, i.e. only Terraformed, Nomad Platform, Pirate Haven, or Ancient Civ could have POP so building HMU's on a colony could not happen. Later POP were allowed to survive on any world, even unterraformed worlds. Not sure who changed this but it probably happened when Randy didn't own the game. I'm sure the one who made the change didn't consider building HMU's on other world status.
Thom

Return to Troubleshooting Board