POP DIDN'T LOAD

This topic thread is for any issues with turns that you are having, such as garbled printouts, etc. should be posted here. This will help us address problems and glitches with email, etc. We will also post suggestions here for fixes to specific issues.

This is not a gripe board, this is a troubleshooting board. Don’t just say “My turn didn’t work.” be as specific as possible. That way we can work together to fix the issue and make the game better for everyone.

Moderator: Tregonsee

POP DIDN'T LOAD

Postby ImperiumLafayette » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:12 pm

1.) Built a Starliner IV, with the cargo capacity of 15 Pop, into fleet. Only ship in fleet.

2.) Went to three planets, with populations of 76, 103, and 77 respectively with orders to load 5 pop at each world.

3.) First planet - 5 pop loaded

4.) Second planet - "Population is being assembled at spaceport on....", BUT NO POP IS LOADED. "103 Population unit(s) left on ...."

5.) Third planet - Again pop is "assembled" but 0 pop is loaded. "77 Population unit(s) left on ..."

All three orders were correctly written, as confirmed by the input page. All three were identical except for the planet location. All three planets were correct listed, owned by me, containing the population shown in the orders.

So what unwritten rule is messing with me this time? Or is this an actual error?
ImperiumLafayette

Re: POP DIDN'T LOAD

Postby Thom » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:44 pm

A star liner can only support one habitat. So if the three planets had different habitats then when the first planet loaded pop the habitat of that planet was transferred to the star liner. Other planets population with a different habitat would die in the star liner supporting the first planets habitat so they didn't load. Now if all three planets had the same habitat then it should have worked. Do that all the time.
Thom

Postby ImperiumLafayette » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:24 pm

...damn head wound bleed like a pig at a boucherie...desk cracked down the middle....sigh

Sooo, another unwritten rule? :roll:
ImperiumLafayette

Postby Thom » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:29 pm

True enough. The Star liners when introduced in a tec sheet should have that specified. I have added that to the star liner description.
Thom

Postby ImperiumLafayette » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:06 pm

To clarify it is by SHIP and not by Fleet right? So if I have three ship in a fleet, each ship capable of five pop, then I could load 5 pop from three different habitat ranges?
ImperiumLafayette

Postby Tregonsee » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:50 pm

Yep. You can do it that way.
Tregonsee

Return to Troubleshooting Board