NO Email Confirmation

This topic thread is for any issues with turns that you are having, such as garbled printouts, etc. should be posted here. This will help us address problems and glitches with email, etc. We will also post suggestions here for fixes to specific issues.

This is not a gripe board, this is a troubleshooting board. Don’t just say “My turn didn’t work.” be as specific as possible. That way we can work together to fix the issue and make the game better for everyone.

Moderator: Tregonsee

NO Email Confirmation

Postby ImperiumLafayette » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:29 pm

I have not gotten email confirmations for sending in this week's turns. I think I've sent them in twice, thinking I misremember sending them in. But still no email confirmation. Checked Spam, not there either. Wassup?
ImperiumLafayette

Re: NO Email Confirmation

Postby Framis » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:20 pm

It worked for me on Tuesday.
Framis

Re: NO Email Confirmation

Postby ImperiumLafayette » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:29 pm

from Thom:

Currently it looks like a Microsoft update last night broke the email service that I use to send out messages.

I’ll need to update to a replacement which may take some time.

Let everyone know that they need to pay attention to the two messages to the left of the Red Submit Turn Instructions on the main page.

When the turn is submitted the main page is displayed with two boxes to the left of the button filled out.

The orange one will say email sent to someone@someaddress.com. The client Microsoft used no longer works but doesn’t give an error. The page still things the email was sent. This is false but nothing I can do about it at the moment.

The Yellow box is the one everyone needs to pay attention to. If after sending in your turn the box says something like:

“91 Actions submitted successfully!”

then the turn was uploaded fine.

The email is sent after this message is returned anyway so all the email does is send out the email.

So tell them to pay attention to the yellow box as it is the most important part of the submission process.

Hope this helps.

Thom
ImperiumLafayette

Return to Troubleshooting Board