Forum Survey #1

Player discussions

Moderator: Tregonsee

Forum Survey #1

Postby R. Ritnour » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:30 am

Forum Survey #1

1. How do you keep track of your assets (fleets, planets, MUs, FTRs, etc.)?

2. What is the most frustrating part of keeping track of your assets?

3. What would help you keep track of your assets?
R. Ritnour

Re: Forum Survey #1

Postby CHARON EMPIRE » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:18 pm

I use a program developed by …. It's Microsoft Access based, with a program file and a data file. This allows the data file to be maintained on a server while the program file is on your computer/lap top. The file tracks a complete record of every planet inputted, sometimes from multiple allies. It also tracks fleets, cargo formula's, allied worlds etc.

Having to sit down for an hour or more inputting the data into the file.

A multi-player data base that allies could all input planet scans into, as well as other players encountered, etc. AND it would have the ability to load each turn into the data base as allied turns are run.
CHARON EMPIRE

Postby Tregonsee » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:55 am

R. Ritnour wrote:Forum Survey #1

I use an excel spreadsheet for fleets, ships, charts (including planets) and turn budgets

Not being able to use PlayTakamo properly. If we could import or export data from it, or merge data from out allies, that would be helpful.
Planets are not even updated when you take them or build on them.

See above. Also, if anyone has the full version of Steve Karseboom's program, or at least the part that builds a database when you import turns.
Tregonsee

Postby REPTIMALIEN » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:39 am

1. i USE EXCEL TO TRACK MY ASSETS. I USE GOOGLE DRIVE TO TRACK MY SCAN INFO BECAUSE THIS IS A REASONABLE WAY TO SHARE SCAN INFO.

2. i FIND THAT DOWNLOADING AND TRANSFERRING MY INFO TO BE TIME CONSUMING PARTICULARLY THE NEW SCAN INFO.

3. IF MY ASSETS WERE ALREADY LOADED INTO A USER FRIENDLY DATA FILE THAT ALLOWS EASY ACCESS WHILE INPUTTING TURN INFO.
REPTIMALIEN

Postby Knights Of Rancor » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:30 am

I created an Excel Workbook (WIP) that I can copy/paste my files from PlayTakamo into with very Little hand in put. and figure my turns on. I can look at fleets in detail, and get a complete rundown of all my assets.

Mapping and jumps, to and from assets and targets, some weeks I spend hours inputting Mapping information. witch I consider mapping an asset.

a better way of pulling up Sector, Subsector AND Planet data mapped, owned by me or just explored. spend a LOT of time mapping. and losing information.

Note: I too have a copy of one of Steve Karseboom's early programs but inputting info into it became too much and the one I have stopped working, too bad too.
Knights Of Rancor

Postby Phantatwain » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:08 am

1. I have a EXCEL spreadsheet that I use. One page is for planets I own with all the information about each one. One page is for the fleets and their make up and firepower. I have several spreadsheets in which I track my scans including one spreadsheet that indicates which sectors I have probed and which of those I have scanned and their status.

2. Keeping track of the planets and the fleets - especially what is in each without having to reference the downloads.

3. I guess an icon for each fleet, solar system and planet that you can click on to find intel on the world while making out your turn.
Phantatwain

Return to Takamo Player Discussion Forums