Randy and turns this week

Post news here. It can be about planets taken, achievements met, etc. Hopefully Randy will post things like number of players in the game, biggest fleet, highest tech planet, etc…

Moderator: Tregonsee

Randy and turns this week

Postby Tregonsee » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:04 pm

I just got the following from Thom:

Fellow Takamo players.

Randy has just gone into the hospital and is getting attention and surgery for a torn Aorta. Now I'm not exactly sure what that is other than what sounds pretty obvious. So he's going to be in the hospital for 5-10 days they say recovering. So the turns will not be run Friday night. Randy and Vanessa just moved into a new home a day or so ago and the last thing Vanessa needs is helping me find where they put everything so I could run the turns. Not even sure they have the computers and connections set up again yet. I know he was working on it.

When I know more I'll let everyone know.

Thom
Tregonsee

Re: Randy and turns this week

Postby Framis » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:56 am

Send him my best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Framis

Postby Tregonsee » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:54 pm

Here is an update from Thom at 09:50 this morning. I would have posted it earlier, but I had internet problems today:

Just wanted to let everyone know that Randy is doing fine after the surgery. They repaired the tear and so far so good. He's still in ICU but everything is okay according to the docs. But the first thing he asked was if I could do the game turn run for tonight. Since I already told players that the turns would be delayed I think we'll run them Monday night so it gives those players that have not got a turn ready to do so over the weekend. We only have about half of the normal turns in this morning.

So plan on a Monday run for the turns now.

Thom
Tregonsee

Postby ImperiumLafayette » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:02 pm

Not going to have another Time Warp problem are we?
ImperiumLafayette

Postby Framis » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:23 pm

Problem?

No Problem!

It's just a jump to the left and a step to the right.
Framis

Postby Tregonsee » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:12 pm

To answer Imperium Lafayette's question, sufficient time has elapsed so there will not be problems, nor should there be problems on Friday's turn.
Tregonsee

Postby Tregonsee » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:56 am

From Thom last night:

Sorry but I think I didn't quite communicate to Vanessa that I need the login info to the game to run it. I think she thinks I already have it. So while I was waiting for her to let me know when she got home from the hospital and not hearing from her I went back and re-read her texts to me and its obvious she thinks I can log into the game. But since I'm playing I can't.

So until I get the login info the game will have to wait. She has enough on her plate as it is.

On the good news front it looks like Randy might be going home Tuesday. They removed all the tubes, wires, and other monitoring stuff this afternoon and are talking about releasing him.

Sorry about the delay but stuff happens.

Thom
Tregonsee

Postby R. Ritnour » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:00 pm

Thanks to everyone who sent good wishes and prayers my way. To give you a little more information about what happened, I had an aortic dissection which means my heart is healthy but all the arterial plumbing to the heart blew apart. I'm told it is a fairly rare condition. High blood pressure is the real culprit. About half the folks who have this happen die before they get to the hospital. Obviously, i made it to the hospital but they thought I had angina. the truth was I was bleeding out; they just didn't know it. Fortunately a sharp ER Doc decided to check the aorta and figured it out. they got a really goo surgical team in and performed open heart surgery. When I had an opportunity to talk with the surgical team, the lead surgeon said that he thought he wouldn't have to do the 5 hour surgery because he thought I'd die before they could transfer me from the ER to the operating room.

Happily, the surgery went very well and I am having one of the best recoveries they have seen. The surgical team says that I should be able to live for many years. I am officially a cyborg now with a Gortex aorta, chest plates and guide wires in merged into my sternum. So, I am officially done with lawyer work and will be devoting my time to Takamo-related things. This weekend, I am having an "I made it (barely) to 60 Birthday Party. Anyone nearby who would like to come is invited, it will be at 5340 Pony Hill Court, Lincoln, NE, from 4-7 pm on Sunday the 29th. (My birthday is on the 30th.)

Thanks again for your prayers and good thoughts.

R. Ritnour
R. Ritnour

Postby CHARON EMPIRE » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:37 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RANDY!
CHARON EMPIRE

Postby R. Ritnour » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:11 pm

Thanks for the bday wishes!
R. Ritnour

Return to News