New Rulebook Draft - Help Wanted

Player discussions

Moderator: Tregonsee

New Rulebook Draft - Help Wanted

Postby Alsadius » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:50 pm

I started playing about a month and a half ago, and found that the learning curve was a bit steep. So as I learned more about the game, I decided that I wanted to clean up the materials a fair bit. And since we're all in lockdown and life is boring, I've had a lot of time on my hands. So I kind of went a little crazy, and re-wrote the 1999 PDF rulebook.

I'm a new player, so this is far from complete - I don't know all the rules, and I've got a fair number of "I'm just guessing at this" or "How does this work" in my changes. I'd like help from the rest of the community at polishing this.

The document is available here. Anyone may make comments on the document, but for the moment I've kept editing powers locked down. If you want to help with this, just let me know.

Major changes:
  • All the rule changes I know about since 1999 have been reflected.
  • Many less-common or tech-locked mechanics(missile strikes, trade, etc.) are explained in the rules, not merely in action code descriptions from turn reports.
  • Substantial re-structuring of most sections of the document, to improve flow. In addition to covering all the rules, I've tried to make it so that reading the rulebook from start to finish will result in a clear understanding of the rules, without needing to flip back and forth much.
  • Increased emphasis on helping new players learn the ropes. There's links to all the websites we use, tidbits on what they can expect from tec level increases, and more.

Despite some cuts, it's gone from 50 pages to 81, so quite a lot has been added.

Please let me know what you think, and how I can improve it further. Thanks.
Alsadius

Re: New Rulebook Draft - Help Wanted

Postby CHARON EMPIRE » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:53 pm

I started to edit a few sentences at the beginning of the document but wanted to make sure those are saved before continuing. Since your the "owner" can you verify please.
CHARON EMPIRE

Postby Alsadius » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:07 pm

Yup, it looks like they went in as suggested changes. Various stuff about TWs and pirate havens, right?

Thanks. :)
Alsadius

Postby CHARON EMPIRE » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:40 pm

YUP
CHARON EMPIRE

Return to Takamo Player Discussion Forums