Introduction: Raven Zachary

C’mon, you know you want to… If you have played Takamo before, mention your previous race and interesting things about it. If you have never played Takamo, how did you find out about it? Plus add anything else you want

Moderator: Tregonsee

Introduction: Raven Zachary

Postby ravenzachary » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:54 pm

Hello, everyone! My name is Raven Zachary and have just joined Takamo. I received my setup from Randy yesterday and I will be submitting my first turn in a few days. I've been wanting to play Takamo for several years, but I've been busy with other PBM games.

I played PBM games actively back in middle school through early college in the 80s and early 90s. I came back to the hobby in 2018, and am an a active player of many games – SuperNova, Middle-earth, TribeNet, Hyborian War, and Midgard. Since returning to the hobby, I have also tried a few others and have since stopped playing those (A New Dawn, Adventurer Kings, Atlantis New Origins, DungeonWorld Adventures, DungeonWorld Estates, Fantasy Tribes, Miskatonic Atlantis, and The Isles). I also write for the Suspense & Decision PBM Magazine. It’s been 18 months since the last issue came out, but Issue #20 should be out in the next few months.

I am currently playing another space 4x PBM, SuperNova by Rolling Thunder Games, so while Takamo is a new game for me with different approaches than SuperNova in many areas, I am not coming to the game entirely confused. I have read the rules for Takamo already (twice, including the revised rules on Google Docs). I feel pretty good about getting my first turn submitted this week.

Any advice to a new ICB player would be most appreciated. Thank you.
ravenzachary

Re: Introduction: Raven Zachary

Postby ravenzachary » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:22 pm

Thank you to Thom Walla for the great advice via email!
ravenzachary

Postby ImperiumLafayette » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:03 pm

Really, he followed me home! Can we keep him? Can we?

:D
ImperiumLafayette

Postby ravenzachary » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:36 pm

Hello again! Is that an Eve Online ship avatar you are using? I have played that game off and on (and off and on) since 2008 or so. Once Eve Echoes went into beta testing on mobile, I stopped playing Eve Online entirely. I am still playing Eve Echoes daily. It's especially great on a tablet.
ravenzachary

Postby ravenzachary » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:24 am

Turn 1 was a success! Now, lots to read through this weekend.
ravenzachary

Return to Introduce Yourself