Military Bases

Helpful hints on playing the game.

Moderator: Tregonsee

Military Bases

Postby Thom » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:30 pm

Received a lot of questions on Military Bases this past week so here is an explanation on how they work.

First you need to build a Military Base ship. The planet's current Tec Level becomes the Tec Level of the Military base ship. Build code for the Military Base Ship is 253. Next you need to land the Military Base ship on the intended planet. The action code for landing a Military Base Ship on a planet is 127.

Now how the Military Base works once installed on the planet.

The military forces on the planet fight at the Tec Level of the Military Base, meaning Forts, Fighters, Marines, and Heavy Marines. Since fighters can also be launched against other planets and fleets they fight at the Tec Level of the Military Base on offensive operations as well.

While a Military Base on a planet does not increase the overall Tec Level of the planet, meaning any ships built on the planet are the Tec Level of the Planet, not the Military Base, it does allow you to build ABM's on the planet if the planet Tec Level is not at least 18. It also allows you to build higher Tec Level torpedoes on the planet or retool the torpedoes to a higher class.

The only way to upgrade a Military Base on a planet is to replace it with a new Military Base Ship.

Military Bases cannot be attacked by Missile Ships or Guerrillas but will be destroyed if the planet is successfully invaded.

Military Base Ships can be retooled to a new Tec Level same as any other ship.

Military Bases can detect alien ships in System Space if they are scanning the system same as a high Tec Level planet.

Military Bases also act like high tec planets when probed, meaning they can capture the probe before it transmits data back to the owner, give you the name of the probes owner, and even send back false data to the probes owner, thus masking the planet from it's true stats. High tec planets do the same thing as an FYI.
Thom

Re: Military Bases

Postby nazareth » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:59 pm

Thom,

I'm assuming you can only build ABMs and torpedoes on terraformed planets with your MBs and that you can't build those on unterraformed or colony planets with MBs. Would that be correct?

thx, tony
nazareth

Postby Thom » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:06 pm

Torpedoes can be built on any planet as long as there are Forts installed. ABM's can only be built on worlds considered terrarformed. However I'll have to check to see why the restriction on ABM's. They were added late in development and according to the code are not accounted for in the filtering process for builds. So they might have been overlooked. I'll have to do some looking and maybe seeing if Randy can remember the thought process at the time for the restriction. Seems odd you could build torpedoes but not ABM's to protect them.
Thom

Postby REPTIMALIEN » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:08 pm

Thank you Thom this really clarifies all my questions about the bases as well.
REPTIMALIEN

Postby Knights Of Rancor » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:27 am

Begin Transmission:

I never tried to build Torps or ABMs on anything other than a TW, PW, AC, so this is really good input and I'll have to test it out.

End Transmission:

The Knights of Rancor have been reactivated and on the move and the constant broadcast on all known com channels fills the vast darkness of space of the Estra Galaxy once again ........

"Who cares if the Bios' hate they are all to be exterminated. The Galaxy must be cleansed!"

From the C.C.C. (Collective's Central Core) of the KNIGHTS OF RANCOR (KOR)
Knights Of Rancor

Postby Tregonsee » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:32 pm

Oh CRAP! Now we have to stop talking here or the Cybers might get smarter...
Tregonsee

Postby nazareth » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:22 pm

Getting smarter? I didn't even think they existed!
nazareth

Postby Knights Of Rancor » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:37 pm

Begin Transmission:

Oh, we exist all right and learning more every day.

End Transmission:

The Knights of Rancor have been reactivated and on the move and the constant broadcast on all known com channels fills the vast darkness of space of the Estra Galaxy once again ........

"Who cares if the Bios' hate they are all to be exterminated. The Galaxy must be cleansed!"

From the C.C.C.(Collective's Central Core) of the KNIGHTS OF RANCOR (KOR)
Knights Of Rancor

Return to Takamo Playing Tips